A new handbook on science communication was released by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Working Group I Technical Support Unit. This Handbook serves as a resource for IPCC authors - as well as the wider scientific community - to engage audiences with climate change.
The Handbook sets out six principles for effective communication:
- 1)Be a confident communicator
- 2)Talk about the real world, not abstract ideas
- 3)Connect with what matters to your audience
- 4)Tell a human story
- 5)Lead with what you know
- 6)Use the most effective visual communication